Abstract Advisory Information
The purpose of the application is to provide strong authentication to log in to other applications. However, sensitive information is available on a jailbroken device.
Author: Valentin Giannini
Name: OpenOTP iOS Mobile Application
Version: 1.4.13 and 1.4.14
Common Vulnerability Scoring System
The IOS app version 1.4.1631262629 resolves this issue by storing a hash PIN code.
Vulnerability Disclosure Timeline
- 30/07/2021: reported to vendor
- 30/07/2021: vendor acknowledge
- 13/08/2021: meeting with the vendor
- 24/09/2021: Contacted the vendor through investigation
- 08/10/2021: Request CVE IDs to Mitre
- 08/10/2021: CVE IDs assigned CVE-2021-42111
- 10/11/2021: Vulnerability disclosure
Find more vulnerabilities in our Security Advisory section.