Abstract Advisory Information
An improper authorization vulnerability exists in Star Practice Management Webversion 2019.2.0.6
allowing an unauthorized user to change the privileges of any user of the application.
This can be used to grant himself administrative role or remove all administrative account of the application.
Authors: Yoann Chevalier
Name: Star Practice Management Web
Common Vulnerability Scoring System
Vulnerability Disclosure Timeline
- 01/10/2020: Vulnerability discovery
- 16/10/2020: Vulnerability Report to CERT-XLM
- 20/10/2020: Vulnerability Report to STAR
- 02/10/2020: STAR acknowledgment
- 10/11/2020: Request CVE IDs to Mitre
- 10/11/2020: CVE ID Assigned by MITRE
- 20/01/2021: Expected Vulnerability disclosure