68% of vulnerabilities in 2020 1“NIST security vulnerability trends in 2020: an analysis” by REDSCAN™ did not require user interaction to be exploited. Common malware and targeted attacks demand fewer and fewer user mistakes to cause damages to systems and disrupt business activities.
WannaCry, NotPetya, Locky, Ryuk are few examples of a long list, which can be a real nightmare for organizations at any time. You could avoid such vulnerabilities if you show some sense of anticipation.
68% of vulnerabilities in 2020 did not require user interaction to be exploited. Common malware and targeted attacks demand fewer and fewer user mistakes to cause damages to systems and disrupt business activities.
In accordance with best practices defined in several standards and exigences provided by regulations, organizations must prevent issues related to those threats and more specifically to the malware that can cause severe impacts on activities and business. Indeed, to reduce risks of contamination and spreading, organizations can drive vulnerability management strategy to make the right decision about IT security with solids facts as well as to protect their IT system and take.
However, some concerns can be presented:
- Is an emergency patch being correctly deployed and on all assets? Have you verified if before announcing the correct risk exposure to your board?
- Is any misconfiguration takes place on your scope that introduces vulnerabilities?
- How do you prioritize remediations?
- Are you able to describe the potential collateral effects of your changes to your business?
It might seem simple to handle it. Nevertheless, you must respect this management process step by step to skipping little things, which can cause big damages.
We can help you manage your vulnerabilities
To manage your vulnerabilities and thanks to our partnership with Qualys, we can provide a full service named Vulnerability Management as a Service including an iterative process composed by:
- The discovering of your assets
- The support to categorize your assets and identify the critical ones based on your context
- The providing of an assessment to identify vulnerabilities
- The reporting including key performances indicators, prioritization of patching and treatment regarding criticality and potential impact on your activities
- The providing of a remediation plan and supporting follow-up activities
- The verification of the effectiveness of patching/correcting misconfiguration
This process requires multiple skills. Excellium with its wide range of expertise involves specialized consultants for each step to provide a high level of confidence and overview of your ability to manage effectively your vulnerabilities.